4/20/2014

I Am Someone to Him


Many times I have felt like I am not enough. When I was a little girl, I was often too shy to share what I had to say, too afraid of what others would think. I didn't like fighting. I didn't like yelling. I didn't like making a scene (...unless the grocery store didn't have my cereal then I LOST it. Right, Dad?) I liked playing outside, by myself, on my bike or high up in a tree, swaying in the branches as the wind blew. Somewhere quiet and solitary. When I was with friends, I wanted to keep the peace. It was difficult accepting no matter how hard I tried, sometimes I'd fall short of other's expectations and my own standards. It was to my solitary fortresses I'd go when I'd mess up. It's where I go now.

I'm still learning and forgiving. I am a Daughter of God. I am someone the Savior suffered for. I am someone He cared for. I am someone to Him. Even in my solitary moments. Even when I can't keep the peace. Even if I'm too shy to say what I need to say or afraid of what others will think. I am someone to Him.


No comments: