7/02/2012

those were the days...

20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.

//My First Whatchamacallit\\
It was a Wednesday night and I was at a church activity...and really bored. Me and my risky friends were playing hide and go seek, running around with our shoes off. We didn't tell anyone what we were up to because we knew they'd stop us (haha). I decided to hide in the chapel overflow room. All the lights were off and it was hard to see, but I thought that was to my advantage. Silly Chelsea. Stuffing myself in between the cinder block wall and the overflow's accordion door, I knew I found the perfect hiding spot. Then I waited...and soon realized I needed to use the little lady's room. After fighting with myself if I should leave and give up my perfect hiding spot or stay and wet my pants, I decided to leave. As I did, I tripped, and the back of my ankle was sliced open by the metal edge along the bottom of the accordion door. I fell over and screamed. My cover was blown.


My friends came in and helped me up--my mother was called and I felt terrible getting blood all over the carpet. I went to the ER and got stitched up...which wasn't enjoyable. But then, after a long night, mom and I shared a Whatchmacallit. My first one!



//My First Kiss\\
Everyone has this story, right? Well mine was a little silly. I was ten and seriously crushing on my best friend's older brother. After begging our parents to let me stay the night, they eventually agreed, and as it turned out, the older brother's cousin was staying the night as well. I also happened to have a little crush on the cousin. >< Anyway, me and my girlfriend were doing something (I don't know...playing with horses?) and then a note slipped underneath her bedroom door. It read something like this: "Chelsea--Do you like us? Check Yes or No." I checked Yes then slid the note back under the door. We heard laughter on the other side. Then the note slid back under the door with a new question: "Do you want to kiss us?" I looked at my friend, blushing, and asked her what I should do. It would be my first kiss! She said to go for it, so I checked Yes. My first kiss was with two boys. And my foot definitely popped twice. hahahah :)


//My First Hosing\\
One day, Dad told my brother and I not to play on the mud hill outside our apartment complex. Then he sent us on our merry way. What did we do? We played on the mud hill, of course. We played king of the hill, threw handfuls of mud at each other, screamed, laughed, just had a blast. Then we realized that we'd have to go back inside to take a shower...and Dad would know what we did. I knocked on the front door and stared at my caked feet. The door opened and I heard Dad take in a breath.

Then he took me and my brother to the back porch, stripped us naked, and hosed us down.

Ugh.
So embarrassing.




No comments: