7/11/2012

the little engine that could!

a;ljfalkdjf;alsdkjfa
(sort that out as you may)

I submitted my first play for production at The Echo Theatre. The Echo is a relatively new theatre in Provo, Utah dedicated to new art and new artists. Utah Shakespeare in the Park sent all of its members an email about a month ago saying that The Echo is launching their Echo10 Project
So I set to work revising and editing a ten minute play I finished last October...and I stepped into no man's land and submitted it by hand to The Echo. I walked away from the theatre feeling...relieved, anxious, blissful, and courageous. Yeah, that about sums it up. And I honestly have no idea where this little act of confidence will take me. But just putting my work in someone else's hands...for the first time...I just. I just have no words. I'm excited. I'm nervous. And I'm pretty stinkin' proud of myself.
You can read my play here.
And here are some pictures cataloging my experience. haha


this is my "excited-freaked-out-whatamidoinghere" face


and here are some completely unrelated pictures of the date Zac and I went on tonight. haha




To quote Ferris:
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

No comments: